We want the copy for our business to do so many tasks: warm leads into serious prospects, streamline sales conversations, set realistic expectations with ideal clients, and look fantastic on the website.
That’s a heavy lift for words on a page. And, like any other heavy lifting, getting good takes practice. Start your training with this set of free resources on how to write copy for your business.
First, familiarize yourself with the Feel, Know, Do method I use when writing copy for clients. Then, map out your goals for each piece of copy using this method.
Keep going the process with the following posts:
- Home page copy: Home Updates
- How to create an About page that sells to your ideal clients: Sell on Your About Page
- For your offer/services page: When to Update Your Services Page
- To stay focused on your ideal clients with any of your copy: What Do They Want and Need?
For blog writing:
- To draft new content that speaks directly to your ideal clients: Seven Content Sourcing Secrets
- Formatting for success, regardless of length: How the Letter E Will Help Your Blog Posts
In my next post, I’ll share tips on SEO (search engine optimization) for small businesses.