SEO is a hot topic. Whether a small business needs a full SEO workup or just the basics is debated in the world of digital marketing. Most companies selling SEO-related services will tell you that it is a must for every size business, from site optimization to monthly SEO updates.
For many small businesses, the best SEO for their time and money comes from integrating some key strategies into creating content and structure their site. In short, leave the monthly SEO plans to the big businesses (think multi-million dollar grossing businesses).
Here is what I’ve learned is helpful and necessary for small business SEO:
- For straight answers on SEO: SEO for Small Business
- For diving into what marketing, SEO or other, is a good fit for your business: Is this SEO Right for Me?
- For SEO basics: Peak SEO…Don’t Do It!
- A how-to on using your blog for better SEO: SEO Tips: Blogging Is Key to SEO
- A breakdown of Yoast’s SEO plugin for WordPress: Yoast’s SEO for WordPress Sites
I’ll share tips on how to refresh the marketing you use for your small business in my next post.